Type de poste : Temporaire Ville : Gatineau
Expérience requise : 1 an
Statut : Temps partiel
Description du poste
In a general way, the professor's teaching load shall include: preparation of course outline; preparation of classes, labs and fieldwork; teaching classes, labs and fieldwork; adaptation; support and supervision of students; preparation, invigilation and correction of examinations; revision of corrections at the students’ request; participation in departmental meetings and other activities when required.
The College is seeking hourly paid professors to join a dynamic team to teach Continuing Education credited courses for the 2019 Summer School Program.
203-001-50 Remedial Activities for Secondary V Physics (75 hours)
(June 25th to July 22nd, 2019 / Monday to Friday / 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
This course is equivalent to high school secondary V Physics. Fundamental notions and principals in physics are introduced through the study of optics and mechanical systems. Laboratory work is introduced in this course and experimental techniques and mathematical skills are developed.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a combination of industry experience related to the course being taught. Teaching experience would be considered an asset.
- Create a dynamic, challenging, and motivated learning environment.
- Adapt to a variety of student needs and provide appropriate academic and career development support.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through academic or non-academic experiences.
- Apply theoretical concepts to current workplace needs and skill requirements.
- Provide assistance and display leadership in the on-going development of the Continuing Education department at Heritage College.
- Stay abreast of changes and new program requirements through regular professional development activities.
- Must be flexible as required by the department workloads.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively within a Continuing Education team.
Conditions de travail
$70.54 to $102.32 per hour