Type de poste : Temporaire Ville : Gatineau
Expérience requise : 1 an
Statut : Temps partiel
Description du poste
In a general way, the professor's teaching load shall include: preparation of course outline; preparation of classes, labs and fieldwork; teaching classes, labs and fieldwork; adaptation; support and supervision of students; preparation, invigilation and correction of examinations; revision of corrections at the students’ request; participation in departmental meetings and other activities when required.
The College is seeking hourly paid professors to join a dynamic team to teach Continuing Education credited courses for the 2019 Summer School Program.
201-015-50 Remedial Secondary V Mathematics, Technical & Scientific (TS5) (90 hours)
(June 25th to July 26th, 2019 / Monday to Friday / 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
This course is designed for students who have not taken and passed the Secondary V Mathematics: Technical and Scientific Option course. It concentrates on real-valued functions and solving problems involving equations, inequalities, equivalent figures, geometric vectors, and trigonometry.
201-016-50 Remedial Secondary IV Mathematics, Technical & Scientific (TS4) (75 hours)
(June 25th to July 26th, 2019 / Monday to Thursday / 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Friday, July 26th from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
This course concentrates on various functions and their graphs, and teaches students to solve the corresponding equations for linear, quadratic and exponential functions. As well, students will review and expand their mathematical skills and knowledge in basic algebra, geometry and statistics.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a combination of industry experience related to the course being taught. Teaching experience would be considered an asset.
- Create a dynamic, challenging, and motivated learning environment.
- Adapt to a variety of student needs and provide appropriate academic and career development support.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through academic or non-academic experiences.
- Apply theoretical concepts to current workplace needs and skill requirements.
- Provide assistance and display leadership in the on-going development of the Continuing Education department at Heritage College.
- Stay abreast of changes and new program requirements through regular professional development activities.
- Must be flexible as required by the department workloads.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively within a Continuing Education team.
Conditions de travail
$70.54 to $102.32 per hour