Type de poste : Temporaire Ville : Gatineau
Expérience requise : 1 an
Statut : Temps partiel
Description du poste
The College is seeking hourly paid professors to join a dynamic team to teach Continuing Education credited courses for the 2019 Summer School Program.
202-001-50 Remedial Activities for Secondary V Chemistry (75 hours)
(June 25th to July 22nd, 2019 / Monday to Friday / 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
Fundamental notions such as the application of the Gas Laws, energy in chemical reactions, reaction rates, and chemical equilibrium will be emphasized in this course. Examples relating these topics to everyday life will also be presented. Laboratory work, experimental techniques and science problem-solving skills will be developed. The student will be able to make connections between an experimental procedure and theoretical chemistry and perform experimental set-ups and procedures adhering to safety and environmental protection in the laboratory. The student will be able to identify and describe the role of chemistry in life both in the biological and physical world around us. Mathematical skills and Knowledge of Physics will help students in understanding and solving problems.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a combination of industry experience related to the course being taught. Teaching experience would be considered an asset.
- Create a dynamic, challenging, and motivated learning environment.
- Adapt to a variety of student needs and provide appropriate academic and career development support.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through academic or non-academic experiences.
- Apply theoretical concepts to current workplace needs and skill requirements.
- Provide assistance and display leadership in the on-going development of the Continuing Education department at Heritage College.
- Stay abreast of changes and new program requirements through regular professional development activities.
- Must be flexible as required by the department workloads.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively within a Continuing Education team.
Conditions de travail
$70.54 to $102.32 per hour